Re: Certification choices

My €.02:

From what I've seen here in the STL area, network guys have an easier time
getting into network security positions than do the sysadmin guys. And network
security is where the $$$ are at currently between the three related areas.

If that's where you're wanting to go, the Cisco certs will do you better
than the Linux certs will.

And with "Unix" currently being co-opted by the soon-to-be dot-gone SCO,
I wouldn't touch that cert with your finger. But that's a personal preference.
And I don't think the cert is about "UNIX", but POSIX-compliant systems.

Lee gave some good tips. Also, it 5ucks to be looking just as the new
crop of interns and graduates enter the market along with more and more H1bs.
But a course for a cert could delay your real search until the fall, when
the market could be quite different.

Mike808/