Re: X-11 forwarding, ssh, multiple hosts

	Probably could use a little more explination:

	rfifarek -> host1 works
	host1 -> host0 works
	rfifarek -> host0 doesn't work (firewall'd/private net/whatever)

	By doing the below, then
	rfifarek -> host1 -> host0 works.

	Ssh.com's ssh syntax is slightly different, but it works fine as
well.

	Also, you need to keep the first connection up and running in
order for this to work, otherwise it will tear down the tunnel.

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Richard Fifarek wrote:

> 	Don't know the syntax of F-Secure's stuff, but here's how you
> would tunnel connections with OpenSSH:
>
> First window:
> [rfifarek@rfifarek rfifarek]$ ssh -L 2222:host0.cdc.noaa.gov:22 host1.cdc.noaa.gov
> rfifarek@host1.cdc.noaa.gov's password:
> [snip]
> You have mail.
> host1:~ 401;
>
> Second window:
> [rfifarek@rfifarek rfifarek]$ ssh -X -p 2222 127.0.0.1
> rfifarek@127.0.0.1's password:
> [snip]
> You have mail.
> host0:~ 401; xterm &
>
> 	( and an Xterm appears)
>

> 	I setup a local (127.0.0.1) port to forward to the ssh port on
> host0 via host1.
>
> 	By adding -X (in OpenSSH) to the syntax, you enable X11
> forwarding explicitly.
>
> On Mon, 5 May 2003, William Underwood wrote:
>
> > All,
> >   Need a little help with X-Forwarding....
> >
> > ssh w/X-tunnel: ClientA <-> ServerA works
> > ssh w/X-tunnel: ServerA <-> ServerB works
> > ssh w/X-Tunnel: ClientA <-> ServerA <-> ServerB fails... :-(
> >
> > Anyone out there have explicit, written directions on the appropriate
> > environment settings and commands for enabling this function?  All clients
> > are Solaris 9, all servers are Solaris 9, all ssh products are F-Secure.
> >
> > F-Secure is _not_ helpful...  And no, this in not a good opportunity to push
> > OSS products...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > William
> >
> > --