Doing good and preventing bad

In my boredom I ram accross this paragraph from a prominent Linux
publication by an even more prominent journalist. I throw this out for
general consumption and comment as a work unto itself without the
surrounding verbage. That being said;

"I moved to Costa Rica over a year ago. On my one-year anniversary I was
thinking about how things have been different. Aside from the more
obvious -- things like I really need to be working on my Spanish -- the
biggest difference I have seen is that people are more open to
solutions. There is less disposable money here than there is in the US
and less anti-Linux FUD. Thus it is easier here to listen to someone's
problem, propose a Linux=based solution and have them accept it than in
the US. It is easier to think Linus was right about World Domination --
except that the US might be the last country to get Linux."

How profound!

<sidebar>
Given the recent discussion here about OSS drivers I figured that this
would fit. I didn't realize when I purchased my nVidia card that the
drivers weren't open source. A situation quickly pointed out to me by
Steven. I played devils advocate in that discussion and probably not too
well. My purchase was based solely on cost and nothing else. Had I known
that the drivers were not OSS I would have probably moved on. Oh well!

Oh yeah! I get it.

Steve
RLLNW/PRS

This is a digitally signed message part