Re: Gentoo: To mirror or not to mirror?

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 04:37:39PM +0000, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Is anyone else interested in mirroring Gentoo on the FTP site?
> It seems like whenever I emerge something, I'm pulling from a server in
> denmark or italy.

Remember what Steve said?  ``I personally think Gentoo's a joke.''

I really doubt it would make much of a difference anyway if we set up a
Gentoo mirror at SILUG; not enough people run it for the effort to be
worthwhile.

> Also, it might be nice to have some sort of "size of mirrors" in the README.
> Just wondering how much of that 500GB we're actually using.

I agree.  This would be a little handy when having people decidee what
to mirror and what not to mirror...

.f