Re: Monday's C'dale meeting topic

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 01:14:25PM -0600, fiaid@quasi-sane.com wrote:
> you wanna know the kicker? most of them have the names and LOCATIONS
> of their companies being broadcasted as well. and 90% of them weren't
> even using WEP, they were cleartext. *boggle*

I've been running kismet on my Zaurus a bit lately, and I've found
something that scares me even more...  People are apparently setting
up their ESSID as though it is some kind of password.  Knowing that
people tend to reuse passwords, I'm scared to think what information
you could get access to using information that they are broadcasting.

Oh, and for the record, this thread is rapidly veering off-topic.  :-)