Re: Monday's C'dale meeting topic

> What the hell else could they do besides bleed you dry of money?

hahaha, you haven't read all the laws have you?  they are so vague that
even using your computer at work can be considered a crime.

> ... even then, for the ruling to go through, they'd have to PROVE to a
> PREPONDERANCE OF THE EVIDENCE that you caused them in excess of $10,000
> of damages and/or losses.

this is easy as hell to do, you hire a "security guy" to come in for 2
hors at $5k/hr.  companies have done this.

> Given their nature, I'd say they would be unable to do just that.

most companies wouldn't because they don't want to look bad to their stock
holders, but the rest of them are evil.

> Though, what they could do is call the FBI on you, and it'd be in their
> jurisdiction now, which means you'd be tried before a jury in criminal
> court.  That's when you're pretty much fscked.

yeah.  although, the FBI guys that i met were pretty funny.  they told me
that maybe 5% of their people have a Clue.

> Smartass.

Big Easy Target.

tighe

--
Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."