Re: Old Motherboard

John,

Sad to say, but this is one of those lessons you've just learned the
hard way. The ATX specification calls for full power to be applied
throughout most of the motherboard at all times -- even when the power
switch is turned "off". This is how Wake-On-Ring and Wake-On-LAN are
supportable. An ATX motherboard is always HOT unless and until you
unplug the power cord. Either the screwdriver or the screw touched
voltage and shorted it to ground. Chances are very good that you toasted
an on-board voltage regulator.

If Steve doesn't have a motherboard for you, try Computer Renaissance in
Fairview Heights.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL