Re: Hello

Quoting Chris Flanigan <chris@whosyourdaddy.biz>:

> Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. In fact, I just joined the discussion
> list today. I live in Granite City, have been running Linux for a few years
> (Gentoo and Debian). I was wondering exactly, what goes on at your
> meetings. Are there actual dicussions? Or, is it a bit more of an impromptu
> get-together... which happens to be comprised of Linux-users? At any rate,
> hello. Nice to "meet" you all. :)

Hi! *waves arm real fast*

Welcome to the list containing some of the most deranged and demented monkeys
around; I happen to be one of them.  A few years Linux experience is deemed
helpful, especially when you've done gone through the /horrible/ install process
that Gentoo entails.  Debian isn't actually half bad.

As far as I know, we have real meetings at real places in meatspace.  There are
certain times out of the year (like this upcoming October) where we have
impromptu meetings just because our primary location is unavailable at all
during that month on our usual meeting day/night/hour/week/year/aeon/epoch/etc.
 Also, during the same year are numerous parties and get-togethers that are
apart from the meetings entirely.

A little about myself now: I am an intrinsic sheep (look it up...) stuck in a
convoluted society run tightly around popular belief spread like locusts by the
media.  I am 15 years old.  I speak quite a few languages; English, German, and
Dutch to name a few.  I am a sophomore at O'Fallon Township High, which happens
to be not even 250 yards from my front door.  I'm more of an all-around kind of
person, meaning I don't focus myself on any one particular Unix or Unix-like OS,
and I've been running such OSes for at least 6 years, give or take 52 weeks.
The three that I'm currently running are Linux, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, just in
case you're wondering.  I'm the snide one when it comes to meetings and
discussions, and if you've crawled around Attrition.org any, you'll be able to
associate me with someone there.  I'm such the poseur, too.

Invader Zim runs my life.  Kind of.

'I can't argue with that, Dib; I'm giving myself up to the earth authorities.
It's been nice working with you GIR.  Now, self destruct.'

'Finally!  Hehehehehe!' *boom*

Nate
--
Nate Reindl, The Fabled Halfling.

P.S.: Your email address is... rather interesting.