Re: Hello

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:34:25PM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Flanigan wrote:
> Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. In fact, I just joined the discussion
> list today. I live in Granite City, have been running Linux for a few years
> (Gentoo and Debian). I was wondering exactly, what goes on at your
> meetings. Are there actual dicussions? Or, is it a bit more of an impromptu
> get-together... which happens to be comprised of Linux-users? At any rate,
> hello. Nice to "meet" you all. :)

Hi Chris,

Welcome...  we are a bunch of misfits... just kidding... some meetings
are just open meetings, free for discussion and questions (actually
every meeting), and sometimes there are presentations with a projector
tied into a laptop, to a screen, so all can see, on certain projects, or
programs that may be of interest to the group. For example, I gave a
presentation on the care and feeding of the Mutt mailer.  Aaron just
gave one on a floppy disk firewall which goes to ramdisk, and does not
even need a HD, perfect for a 486 machine.. Steve always has the latest
on what's happening, plus hardware, and is always there for questions,
perl stuff, and gave a presentation on VNC a while back... stuff like
that.  You are encouraged to freely participate in the group, contribute
to presentations if you wish, or just generally be there... I plan on
giving a presentation relatively soon on Qmail and postfix as it relates
to a mail server, differences from them compared to Sendmail, etc.. We
only meet once a month, so it gets me out of the house <g>..

--
Best regards,
Gary