Re: [OT] Farscape

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:42:19PM -0400, William Underwood wrote:
> Farscape IS a great show, much better than STNG, DS9, and by far, that
> gay show B5. (Yes, it may seem that I'm trolling, but really, I don't
> care for B5.)

B5 had the same "problem" Farscape often has...  If you miss an
episode (or, heaven forbid, an entire season), it's *very* hard to
understand what is going on.  I had to practically force myself to
watch B5 for a dozen episodes before I even *started* to follow it.

Luckily, with Sci-Fi showing B5 every night and the TiVo, I've finally
managed to completely catch up...  (And only what, 3 or 4 years after
the show ended?)

BTW, if anyone has been having this problem with Farscape, I have the
entire first season (I think) on DVD.

> The only other show on SciFi that even slightly captures my attention
> (on those rare occasions when I'm not busy) is that silly wierd show
> Lexx (My wife actually rather likes that one...).

They got rid of that last year.

> I have been finding Stargate somewhat more interesting lately, but
> not enough to bother with finding out when it's scheduled...

It's been on immediately before & after Farscape this season on
Sci-Fi.  They're running two episodes each Friday for a while, then
supposedly they're going to show the whole thing from the beginning
sometime soon.  (That was before they announced they were airing
X-Files every night, so that might have changed.)

> Long live sexy blue plant people,

Damn straight.  It's a shame they killed her off, but I'm sure that
makeup was hell.

Apparently Virginia Hey was at a convention in St. Louis a while back,
and I missed it.  I'm quite annoyed by that.  I'll have to pay more
attention to her schedule...  Maybe one of these years I can get my
laptop autographed.  :-)