Re: speaking of passing the hat...

Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Mike808 found us a little half terabyte or so SCSI RAID array for the
> ftp site the other day. He paid for it with his own money, but I'd like
> to see him get paid back ASAP, so we're going to be asking for donations
> from SILUG, LUCI, the various St. Louis groups, and anyone else who
> sees the value in having ftp.silug.org around.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going to the Fairmont flea market
(55/70 at IL Hwy. 111) tomorrow to attempt to get rid of a lot of OLD
hardware, everything from 386 mainboards up to those Dell Optiplex
PII/PIII barebones machines, floppy/ide/scsi cables, power cables,
internal power splitters and adapters, Compaq/Dell drive rails, 3 1/2 to
5 1/4 drive bay adapters, monitors, AT cases, old modems, scsi and
floppy tape drives, multi I/O cards, an 8 port ISA serial adapter, an
old Mac IIsi (complete), a complete working Amstraad 80186 system, and a
whole lot of other museum quality memorabilia.  When was the last time
you had an EGA monitor hooked up to a working 286?  Huh? Huh?

Why does any of this matter to you?  I'll donate half of all sales by
any Linux user group members, or sales referred by members, to the SILUG
ftp server fund.  If anyone likes what I put in there, you can have it
all for $300.00.  I'm sure it's a great deal... :-)

> Steve

Good luck to me,
William

--