doing things the hard way (was Re: SSH preferences, babble)

Speaking of doing things the hard way, I still haven't taken the time
to fix the majordomo problem.  Instead, so the damn thing wouldn't
take so long to die, I added the following to /etc/sysconfig/sendmail:

    ulimit -m 512000

I figure 500MB resident is enough for sendmail or any process running
under it (like majordomo).

Sure, that doesn't help with any majordomo processes started from the
web interface, cron, etc., but I don't think those are the ones that
are going nuts.

So could somebody just extend the day to 36 hours for me for a while?