Re: Linux Sysadmin/Certification Bootcamp VOLUNTEERS

On Thu, 30 May 2002 mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Since it has a 10/100 card in it, I'd think that even the 10MB/s link
> with a net install is faster than the 50x CDROM (50*160KB/s is only 8MB/s)
> if my CD would even read that fast.

We also have wireless, if any of your laptops/systems have wireless. We
only have a 4 port hub. This week won't really need the network though.
Does anyone have a spare hub or switch we might be able to use for this?

> Or am I way off-base to think that the "install" workshop would not cover
> net installs or kickstarts? Just asking. If that's too advanced of a task,
> then maybe it could be a project I undertake in the MOSLUG meeting environment,
> which is accustomed to dorking around with weirdo getups in a longer timeframe.

Yeah, I'm just not going to have time for this. As it is, the bootcamp is
going to be very condensed. There's just too much material.

I am thinking about offering more in-depth weekend sessions. We've had
enough demand and interest that I'm thinking this may become a service
that we (as a business) provide. People who have come here for other
workshops have loved the laid back environment and we have all the
resources here we'd ever need.

> I can stick with the "vanilla" Red Hat 7.3 install if that's main mission
> of the sessions. I promise not to look too bored. I really am interested
> in learnin' about this "rpm" command thingy. So many options! Oh my!
> Or is it "apt-get"? Or is it "up2date"? Arrrrrrrggghhhhhh!

I warned you in person several times that if you came, you had to realize
that I think you've mastered the majority of the concepts already. I told
you you'd better not be distracting or start snoring, else I'd start
installing electrodes to your chair!!!

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/