Re: Linux Sysadmin/Certification Bootcamp VOLUNTEERS

Kara wrote:
> No, I wouldn't say #1, because if you're going to use it for all the
> sessions, you're going to need X and such.

I would switch machines for the later ones (and do the install beforehand).

> Plus, realize I'm only alotting 30 mins for the install.
> Do you know how long an install would take on a machine that slow?
> I'd probably go with #2. [K6/200]

Since it has a 10/100 card in it, I'd think that even the 10MB/s link
with a net install is faster than the 50x CDROM (50*160KB/s is only 8MB/s)
if my CD would even read that fast.

Or am I way off-base to think that the "install" workshop would not cover
net installs or kickstarts? Just asking. If that's too advanced of a task,
then maybe it could be a project I undertake in the MOSLUG meeting environment,
which is accustomed to dorking around with weirdo getups in a longer timeframe.

I can stick with the "vanilla" Red Hat 7.3 install if that's main mission
of the sessions. I promise not to look too bored. I really am interested
in learnin' about this "rpm" command thingy. So many options! Oh my!
Or is it "apt-get"? Or is it "up2date"? Arrrrrrrggghhhhhh!

Mike808/