Re: room (Fairview Heights)

I too agree with most of this thread. I've been arguing with Steven about
it for about a year :-)

However, don't get me started on "charters". Charters don't make people
fulfill their promises to do something and take responsibility for what
they do. If noone will (or can) take responsibility without a charter,
they won't with one either. Anywhooo...

I don't think Fairview is a good place for "restaurant socials". Not
unless we wait until 9pm to meet. They're terribly crowded and not
conducive to conversation or larger groups.

I had told Steven I wanted to host socials separate from meetings, and
that I was more than willing to offer our home to do so. (Lord knows we
should be using this floorspace for something...) It's cheaper to buy a
6pack than a single beer at a lot of those restaurants, and if someone
doesn't want to drink, or order from the menu, it's less awkward at a home
than at a restaurant. Here people can bring drinks and take turn bringing
snacks if they like, order in pizza, or gather up a group of interested
individuals in going to a restaurant. In any case, it's a lot more
comfortable than a restaurant for a lot of people...

Speaking of my floorspace, we're tentatively scheduling our annual
Christmas party. If you're interested in coming, let me know.

-Kara

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/