Re: xfree resolution settings

well i tried 32, 24, and 16 bit color as well as 800x600-1600x1200

the display is still corrupted

i can still log in, and when i do log in the KDE screen where it tells you
its setting up preferences, ipc, etc... actually shows the "setting up blah"
text properly, but thats it

what gets me is that it worked fine with the red hat resolution test near
the end of the redhat install.  unless that uses a generic driver i dont see
why it wont work with a normal boot

on a side note ive never used the linux rescue boot option on a linux distro
cd before, quite nice :)

albeit unrelated somewhat, is the chroot command secure?  in other words if
i set up user mode linux and ran it under a chroot, would it be completely
locked away from the rest of the system? to me this would seem like a nice
toy to play with :)

Casey