very nice!

Man! Every time I mess with GRUB I like it better and better and better and better. Latest really cool thingy?

If you have an ATAPI CDRom and an ATAPI CD writer, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf to which menu.lst is linked to read something like this (my exact grub.conf)

title RedHat Linux 7.2 (2.4.7-10)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.7-10 ro root=/dev/hd6 hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi
        initrd /initrd-2.4.7-10.img

You can pass the scsi parameters to the kernel at boot and don't have to go through all that arcane /etc/fstab crap in the CD-writing HOWTO to get cdrecord and Xcdroast to recognize both drives. Kinda cool and just thought you'd like to know. It works I'm burning a copy of Enigma as I type from the CD to the CDR.

BTW, installed Enigma on a fresh 60 gig hdd with no troubles and all is happy and cruising right along.
Life still sucks, though!
Stephen D. Reindl