Re: Matrox G450 and where to buy a machine locally

> Charlie Brune said:
> > Does anyone have any experience with the Matrox G450 (16MB, DDR) video
> card
> > under RedHat 7.1?  I'm getting a new machine and would like to purchase
> this
> > card with it.  However, the HCL ("Hardware Compatibility List") on
> RedHat's site> > only lists Matrox cards up to the G400.
>
> As far as I know, dual-head configurations are a b*tch to set up.
> I've only
> seen a few people do it successfully. YMMV with a Matrox card, though.

I have a Matrox G400 32MB granted not a 450 but it works great.  Also,
Matrox has released Powerdesk for Linux.  It is suppose to have some of the
features that powerdesk for windows has.
Here's the press release about Powerdesk for Linux:
http://www.matrox.com/mga/media_center/press_rel/2001/linux_powerdesk.cfm

I haven't had a chance to try it yet so I can't tell you whether it is easy
or not to install and use.

This is a link to Matrox drivers along with Powerdesk for Linux along w/
other OSes.
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm

Jason