OT : Sun Hardware problem

Hello all,
	This is a little off topic but, knowing that there are other
admins out there I thought that I would spew something about this and see
if anyone has an idea about this.  My company got an E-250 recently and
within the 72 hour burn-in that we run after installation it choked with a
processor and mainboard error.  We got those components reinstalled and
then started the machine up again, this time I left the console up and
running so that I could watch to see at what time the machine died at to
get an accurate time estimate.  Well, the machine dies again but this time
due to a critical over heat (72 C/162 F) on the PDB and SCSI
components.  Call VAR complain and get a new machine, new machine promptly
dies faster than the new one.  Thinking that this is a power problem I
remove that 250 and place a known working one in its place and the older
machine works fine.  I put the new 250 where the old one was placed and it
dies again, this removes the thinking that this is a power issue.  These
machines are placed within a WELL airconditioned machine room with plenty
of ventilation around them.  The VAR's engineers have narrowed it down to
quote "a hardware issue".  Thank God for the 5 day waiting period
. . . anyways, has anyone heard anything about E-250 overheating
issues?  I have quite literally tried everything from replacing all of the
parts to updating the OpenBoot to see if there was a false positive due to
older settings or something.

Tighe

--
Tighe Schlottog		Sys Admin at large	  /emry\"@"/accessus.net\