Re: Fairview Heights: 6/19 meeting?

If we go the 2nd choice (which seems to be in agreement) we can just have
it here at my house, I can accomodate larger crowds of people :)

How about a pizza party? Anyone willing to chip in? I can have Steven pick
up Fortel's (1/2 baked) in St Louis and we can finish them here. Yum yum!

If anyone wants to bring beer or anything, you're welcome to. For those of
you who came to the after dinner social a couple weeks ago, I promise to
have thrown out that old stuff, unless someone wants some chili or shampoo
beer :)

-Kara

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Tighe wrote:

> This sounds like a good meeting.  :)  I would definetly be there.  Hmm
> . . . although SRA would be a bit crowded if we tried there.  Any ideas on
> alternative meeting sites?  *cough* Hooters *cough*  Kidding . . . well
> kind of.  ;)  Anyways, it sounds like fun so count me in.
>
> Tighe
>
> >Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:31:12 -0500 (CDT)
> >From: Kara Pritchard <kara@luci.org>
> >To: silug-discuss@silug.org
> >Subject: Fairview Heights: 6/19 meeting?
> >

> >Hey Everyone,
> >
> >The week of our next meeting (6/18 - 6/22) I will be hosting an LPI Item
> >Writing Development session here in Fairview Heights. This means we'll
> >have 6-10 extra Linux people in the area that week, including the night of
> >our meeting.
> >
> >Specifically, one individual staying with me for the week is my friend
> >Julie Thornton. Julie is the marketing director for Linux International
> >and Linux Professional Institute. Her prior roles include LinuxMall,
> >SysAdmin Magazine, and mainframe computer programming for various places.
> >
> >Julie is very interested in talking to everyone, including about some
> >Linux International (LI) programs and LPI.
> >
> >Do we want to try to meet at SRA for this meeting? If all our locals are
> >interested in this special guest and if anyone travels from out of town,
> >there could be space issues.
> >
> >So, I guess I need answers for these questions:
> >
> >a) Are you interested in this meeting topic?
> >b) Are you interested in holding a regular meeting at SRA (if SRA is
> >available), or would you like to have an informal meeting (as Nate
> >suggested) where we can mingle and not worry about space?

Author, RHCE Exam Cram
Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/
Site Manager                            http://www.LinuxUsersGroups.org/