Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:15:53 -0500
From: Scott Goehring <scott@poverty.bloomington.in.us>
To: Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se
Cc: gimp-developer@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [gimp-devel] patches and CVS

"Raphael" == Raphael Quinet <Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se> writes:

Raphael> I still think that it would be best to have a strict feature
Raphael> freeze and only include code that fixes bugs (or improves the
Raphael> configuration and compilation of the GIMP, since this does
Raphael> not affect its run-time behavior).  However, this won't work
Raphael> in practice as long as GTK is not stable enough.

The GTK and Gimp teams have negotiated a mutual freeze and release
schedule so that we can get version 1.0 of both products out in a
timely fashion.  A feature freeze is now in effect for the Gimp;
exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.  Version 1.0 of
the Gimp is scheduled for release on March 20th, and version 1.0 of
GTK on March 13th.

Raphael> By the way, did anyone read my proposal about splitting the
Raphael> "patches" directory on ftp.gimp.org and improving the
Raphael> patches->cvs->release process?  There was no feedback, and
Raphael> nothing changed on the ftp server.

As I understand it, we're in the process of restructuring the FTP
server.  Hopefully things will settle down soon.