new hard drive

How would I go about moving my current install from two hard drives to a
new single larger drive?

I've fdisked the new disk and run mke2fs on it (/dev/sda1) and mounted it
under /tmp/scsi0 as not to make any changes to anything except within the
/tmp dir (I would like to exclude it from being moved over....

I would imagine I need to basically tar up everything from / on down
excluding /tmp and pipe it to tar -xvf /tmp/scsi0
... then I would imagine I need to do something so that it is bootable and
install LILO on the MBR of that scsi drive.  How would I do this?

After that, pull the old hard drives and boot from the SCSI disk
successfully???

Matthew

Matthew Phelps Walker
mwalker@silug.org