Re: help_with_fsck

Basically, it sounds ike your hard drive is dying.  Probably about all
you can do is boot itup and get any really important stuff off of that
drive before it croaks altogether.  As far as the missing files,
hopefully you have backups or they were either part of the original
installation or unimportant... if they were important, sorry :-(

I would definitely get another hard drive and move everything over ASAP