CentOS 8 update maintenance problem

From time to time "dnf update" will leave behind an ".rpmnew" file that
requires manual resolution to update a previous configuration file of some
sort.

After running an update I usually become root and search out those rpmnew
files with:

# find / -mount -name "*.rpmnew"

Just now, it located a new one:

/etc/yum.repos.d/google-chrome.repo.rpmnew

In most cases I will simply replace the old file with the new one:

# mv /etc/yum.repos.d/google-chrome.repo.rpmnew
/etc/yum.repos.d/google-chrome.repo

Unfortunately my installation of CentOS 8 coughed up an error every time I
tried such a replacement:

mv: loadlocale.c:130: _nl_inter_locale_data: Assertion `cnt < (size of
(_nl_value_type_LC_time) / sizeof (_nl_value_type_LC_time[0]))` failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

There was no way I could replace the old with the new, or even delete the
old and rename the new to the old. PITB.

That's a lot to load into Google's search function, but believe it or not
a good answer popped out:

# export LC_ALL=C

Just add this to /etc/bashrc, /home/user/.bashrc, or (best) to an
/etc/profile.d/custom.sh file.

Robert G. (Doc) Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
          -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov