Fedora 33 Beta release

The development team has formally announced the releae of their Fedora 33 Beta release. Among the many changes, the most obvious is the rollout of BTRFS as the default filesystem. You may remember it went through some very rough times about three years ago. I'm sure there will be heated discussions over BTRFS and any one of a half dozen mature alternatives.

If you want to try it out yourself, edit the attached download script to match your system and pull down the whole nine yards. Save both scripts to /usr/local/bin, chown them to root:root, and chmod them to 755. Be sure to save Steve's linkdups script to replace duplicate files with hard links to save disk space.

I've slimmed the download by skipping the 32-bit i386 and armfp packages, and all debug package. Even so, the total download will take between 2-4 days depending on your ISP connection. You'll need at least 240GB of free disk space.

Enjoy.

--Doc Savage

rsync-33beta

linkdups