[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
External HDD Format?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: External HDD Format?
- From: Wolfgang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 00:32:55 -0600
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=1EQXc9UPZAriL8klT3gRAKMp/om92X2nT8XIoezJlDo=; b=gmvWRErfgqwdT4MGyBIW5hfc3Eivxi5Jotvy26BP553vkdXNeLgL48VvBwstQsjsCm w5tDIOcevvWUbbYmOwk17v94/t3jNQBbyzWqGliHjsCNFDkM6dsLFwdGMHGsrKI3bBBD 6CpZCS1t9rUNAXNoglZPcWbAxuCjiE0lS+X1Q=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=jLMQ8fZBIWc2I+jAcH3UmfgPHt/KuJR8bkRq53HMiOLLo33p71E9txYpbpSYxpKKZ2 5dM1L0pbu+Lo0vXOMuYGOf9ky0uB83QgE+ZzTlnxzaL8exGwn/MHnMxRJIWZ1rrkpUzY cIRZGVdlINeZVYcQKD9bKG/wavmA/oSDDdN8w=
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I encountered an issue I've never had before tonight, a file actually too big for a FAT32 partition, the external is an old 80GB that I use for all of my Linux .iso files and about 10GB of media files I need to keep around. My question is what format should I use, I don't really need it to by Windows compatible so I'm considering Ext 3, but thought I would ask what format would be ideal if I plan on it only be used with Linux.
"You must control your future by taking command of your present, and fixing and learning from your past."
"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."