Re: abnormal modem traffic

Title:
Thanks for your guidance, Michael,

I had previously rebooted both the router and modem and unusual traffic resumed. Now, I've by-passed the wireless router and connected directly from the modem to computer. Ethernet and Internet lights continue to flash continuously on the modem, which they do even with the computer turned off.

Here's the result of a port scan of localhost:
Port            State         Service
631            open            ipp
5432           open           postgresql
48160         open         unknown
60807      open            unknown

But, I don't know diddly about this stuff.

thanks again,
Leon

Michael T Granito Jr wrote:
4b7715700901080918h1cde897fn661cce1670c43afa@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">Have you tried to reboot either the router and/or the modem. Also are there any other clients on the network? Also, try turning off wireless support on the router and see if that does anything to your traffic. Maybe a neighbor is borrowing some bandwidth?

Mike Granito