[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: abnormal modem traffic
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: abnormal modem traffic
- From: "Michael T Granito Jr" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:18:53 -0600
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=1g/Fru3h1RNPpnXIxpkTJHjdka3sY+CJ7JN6nZpEa3E=; b=hQJQgbKhL1gHX2ZtSZq6UjOynySXqWoqUsG8Hep+l30E6gtcm475j9kTzzNRBU9rjK PsNuCL7cp06te8s4/SJvn5g4sAeyZbzSQCu6fOhBQp45kU77jX3TyMcHywj82NgShM5W UeDDTS1IFjfAnvgYbMN9feJvTCyen7IVnJdis=
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=wyJCew6gL55GQqXBhRW8w3l4QF5dusgxAoJSNEw1fWY6d5ahFExu8cEElWxe07vUiq /M0QW0TRcOJW23cdyvdmzeM7LVLW4uRfTkTKhfCH5VQUbIkfZUPj/uzfpOBrpFvzXjhP /vk0YKD9miwVBxSlsZByuLEj2/VcSSFBOES88=
- In-Reply-To: <496627F9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- References: <496627F9.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Have you tried to reboot either the router and/or the modem. Also are there any other clients on the network? Also, try turning off wireless support on the router and see if that does anything to your traffic. Maybe a neighbor is borrowing some bandwidth?
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Leon Raymer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm running pre-intalled Ubuntu 8.04 on a Dell 530n and all was exceptionally good until a week or so ago. I am now getting almost coninuous modem/router traffic, even when the computer is turned off. It's a Verizon Westell 6100 modem and a Netgear WGR614 router. Both were previously silent until I initiated internet activity.
Also, I have lately been receiving a number of spam emails with myself showing as sender.
Don't know if the two are related.
Have I become a zombie? How can I check?
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.