Saturday, July 19 meeting

So first of all, I'd like to thank Kara for the talk on Saturday.  I
thought it went really well.  I'd also like to thank those of you who
made it to the meeting, since our discussion at the end of the meeting
gave us our next topic.  :-)

So for the meeting on July 19, we're going to do something a little
different...  We're going to discuss Git (http://git.or.cz/), which is a
software version control system, but first we're going to watch a couple
of videos, both of talks at Google.  The first is Linus Torvalds talking
about the design goals of Git.  The second is Randal Schwartz talking
about using Git.

These talks are both available on Google Video and YouTube, so if you
are interested, and want to watch the talks ahead of time, by all means
do so.  Feel free to make notes of specific points you want to discuss.
Or just show up unprepared.  Whatever makes you happy.  :-)

This topic should be interesting to any programmers you might know, so
please spread the word.  It would be great to get a large group in for
this meeting...

Oh, and we still need to come up with a topic for the July 2 meeting...
Suggestions (or, even better, volunteers) welcome.

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.