Re: basic server

setting up a remote link accross wrt's is easy with dd-wrt

openwrt is fine as well, but you have to actually set things via nvram,
dd has a similar web interface to the normal linksys firmware so it
makes it easy to get in and do what you need to do

i was doing some experimentation with bouncing a connection through 4 of
them all over the air and it still worked.  not sure it would deal with
a load all that gracefully (WDS is kind of a hack and spanning tree
sucks as a wireless traffic routing protocol), but it was definately
cool to play with.

honestly though you are much better off with running the copper if you
are in a house.  way more reliable, much better throughput, much lower
latency.

Casey