Re: need a recommendation on a good laptop

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:56:26PM -0600, Richard H. Fifarek wrote:
> I've never been particular to Dell laptops (and not claiming you
> should be), but this one has treated me and some friends very well.

Dell bugs me for a whole list of reasons.  I'd suggest avoiding them
on principle.

Since pretty much any Centrino would be OK, look at the power
connector.  If it has just a plain round plug, that's going to make
replacements a *lot* less expensive and a lot easier to find.

> 	The Intel 2100 (and 2200?) wireless is supported in the latest
> Fedora Core 3 kernel, and has been for some time with SuSE 9.2 (and
> presumably out-of-the box on 9.3).  However, you'll need to download the
> firmware seperately due to licensing.

FC4 is supposed to include the firmware as well.  (Apparently Intel
changed the license.)

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.