cardbus issue with a wireless card

I just bought a proxim harmony 802.11b card, and I'm trying to get my
laptop to recognize it.  I was hoping it would be plug and play, but
such is not the case.  cardmgr bombs out without recognizing it.  When
I try cardctl ident, it comes up with no product info available, which
is basically the same across the board.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next...help?  (I'm currently only
using live-cds, and the catch 22 is that will continue until I get a
working wireless config on the laptop)