Re: silug: found BitTorrent but made an IPTABLES error

Straight from the iptables manpage:

   ACCEPT  means to let the packet through.  DROP means to drop the
packet on the floor.  QUEUE means to pass the packet  to  userspace  (if
supported by  the  kernel).   RETURN means stop traversing this chain
and resume at the next rule in the previous (calling) chain.  If the end
of a  built-in  chain is reached or a rule in a built-in chain with
target RETURN is matched, the target specified by the chain policy
determines the fate of the packet.

Later in the manpage:

-R, --replace chain rulenum rule-specification
     Replace a rule in the selected chain.  If the source and/or
     destination  names  resolve to multiple addresses, the command will
     fail.  Rules are numbered starting at 1.

and...

REJECT
       This is used to send back an error packet in response  to  the
matched packet:  otherwise it is equivalent to DROP so it is a
terminating TARGET, ending rule traversal.  This target is only valid
in  the  INPUT, FORWARD  and  OUTPUT  chains,  and  user-defined  chains
which are only called from those chains.  The following option controls
the nature  of the error packet returned:

There are many helpful people on this list; However it helps to develop
a healthy sense of self-sufficiency.  As Steve pointed out, we like to
do other things besides sit in front of a computer all day. Something
about teaching a man to fish..

Paul Nicholas McCubbins <nick77@dtnspeed.net>