Re: Logon/off scripts

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:16:53PM -0700, Richard H. Fifarek wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Ray Holtz wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering where I would put a simple bash script so that it runs
> > when I log a user on, then off.
>
> .bash_login		for login stuff.
>
> .bash_logout		for logout stuff.

AFAIK this only works if the person is logging into a console.  I have yet
to figure out a way to do the same when a user logs into gnome or kde.  If
anyone knows how to do the exact same as above with kde (without bringing
up a window the user has to close) I would be a much happier sysadmin.

Bob T. Kat