Re: Logon/off scripts

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Ray Holtz wrote:

> I'm wondering where I would put a simple bash script so that it runs
> when I log a user on, then off.

.bash_login		for login stuff.

.bash_logout		for logout stuff.

From the bash manpage:

       When bash is invoked as an interactive login shell, or as a
non-interactive shell with the --login option, it first reads and executes
commands from the file /etc/profile, if that file exists.  After reading
that file, it looks for ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login,  and  ~/.profile,
in  that order,  and  reads  and  executes  commands  from  the first one
that exists and is readable.

[snip]

 When a login shell exits, bash reads and executes commands from the file
~/.bash_logout, if it exists.

--
Richard H. Fifarek
rfifarek@fifarek.net