nfs exports

teaching myself how to use nfs exports (previously i just used samba)

2 boxes, both fresh installs of fedora core 3 (i doubt this will
matter, but having never used nfs until tonight i am not certain)

example share:
/etc/exports on box A:
/media/hdc1/             10.10.0.0/23(rw,sync)

/etc/fstab on box B includes:
10.10.0.1:/media/hdc1  /media/legato/hdc1  nfs  user,suid,dev,exec,noauto  0  0

this works great, love it

the userlists are the same for each box (as both have my normal user
account as the only account not created during the install, so both
have uid of 500)

what are the security implications of using nfs? is there anything i
should do (asside from iptables) in order to secure these shares?  i
want the shares rw between any boxes on that local network that have
the right local users (i will keep the local users for each box in
sync manually as i only have a handful of machines on my local lan).
i also want the root user to have access to the shares just like they
are local drive mounts (ie being able to override permissions and
whatnot).  i really dont know the full implications of nfs like i do
with samba, other than it used to carry the stigma of really standing
for "no fscking security".

Casey