Re: Attempt #2: Sunday Evening LUCI-O'Fallon Social Event?

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:33:37 -0500
"Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@peaknet.net> wrote:

> Man does not live by keyboards alone.... (Of course if he spends too
> much time on the keyboard, he probably _will_ live alone.)
>
> If the objective is to watch football, drink beer, eat wings (!), and
> otherwise conduct a generic testosterone fest (i.e. no WiFi or geek
> chatter), then Wings bar in Shiloh is a good place. You'd probably be
> the only group not smoking. It's located on Lebanon Avenue smack in
> the middle of The Village of Shiloh. It's a redneck bar and a bit of a
> dump, but sweet Jesus! do they serve good wings.
>
> Castletown Geoghegan in Belleville one block west of the fountain is
> closed on Sundays but would be a good choice for Monday nights. Wings
> still has far better wings, but the food, beer, and atmosphere
> (breathing and otherwise) are much better at Castletown.

I'll add my two cents' worth for Southpaw's in O'Fallon, right across
from the O'Fallon 15 cinema. All the TVs in the joint, except for the
8X10 (foot!) projection, are HD flat panels. They've got at least a
dozen of them. It might be more like twenty, but I wasn't in a counting
mood the last time I was there. :) IMHO, it's the best place to watch
sports in the Metro-East. The food's pretty good (and goes beyond basic
bar fare), and the drinks are reasonably priced. And, to top it all off,
they have two Golden Tee machines.

JEB