Re: Attempt #2: Sunday Evening LUCI-O'Fallon Social Event?

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 18:18, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Anyone up for watching the Vikings pound the Saints on Sunday night?
> I'd like to make Sunday or Monday a regular social around O'Fallon
> or anywhere near St. Louis / Fairview Heights, etc...
>
> I got 0 responses before, so even a "stop posting OT butt-munch"
> response would be welcome at this time (just so I know everyone
> is getting these ;-).

Bryan,

Man does not live by keyboards alone.... (Of course if he spends too
much time on the keyboard, he probably _will_ live alone.)

If the objective is to watch football, drink beer, eat wings (!), and
otherwise conduct a generic testosterone fest (i.e. no WiFi or geek
chatter), then Wings bar in Shiloh is a good place. You'd probably be
the only group not smoking. It's located on Lebanon Avenue smack in the
middle of The Village of Shiloh. It's a redneck bar and a bit of a dump,
but sweet Jesus! do they serve good wings.

Castletown Geoghegan in Belleville one block west of the fountain is
closed on Sundays but would be a good choice for Monday nights. Wings
still has far better wings, but the food, beer, and atmosphere
(breathing and otherwise) are much better at Castletown.

-- Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov