Re: considering covad

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> >It's not your phones that matter, it's your ISDN router.
>
> The other gotcha I just realized is that if you are connecting a router to
> the ISDN lines, you cannot get any features on the analog phones connected
> INTO the router.
>
> To use call waiting, caller ID, etc., you need an ISDN *phone*.

Not true.  Not True, NOT TRUE.  I have call waiting and caller ID on all
my phones.  The phone sitting in front of me  is a Uniden PowerMax 5.8 GHz
cordless that I bought from Sam's club.  I have a worn out Panasonic
900MHz cordless phone w/ my voicemail system that has both caller ID and
call waiting (though the button on that particular phone is shorted).  My
fax machine is an FPC135, also from Panasonic that I bought from Best Buy.
Guess what, caller ID, call waiting, and all the proper fax functionality.

> There's your line charges!

That's my line charge for 2 full circuits (2x2B).

> Sorry, that doesn't wash - you still have to pay for the ISDN lines! You're
> paying $90 for them now, .. how are you going to cut that to $45? Switching
> to the 20 hour plan for $45 isn't going to work. Even the 40 hour plan is
> about $65/month. We use the ISDN cheapest service ($40/month) only because
> it's the backup - never been up for more than a few minutes.

I'm paying $90 for TWO of them.  I have 4 lines in my house, Lee.  I can
use one line for $45, and dial-up to APCI with unlimited access for
$40/mo.  That's $95/mo for Line charges and internet account.  NO EXTRA
FEES.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/
President, K&S Pritchard Inc.		kara@kspei.com
--

Participate in LPI Level 3 Exam Development!
https://www.lpi.org/en/examdev/jta/index.html