Re: apt setup

Hmm...  Sent this a little too soon...

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:31:52PM -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> If you wanted to get really crazy, you could pin "c=stable" slightly
> lower than "c=os" (but above 990), so that the fedora.us packages are
> preferred over the freshrpms packages.  That should make it fairly
> safe to always point to the freshrpms repository.
>
> At least that's how I understand it from reading the
> apt_preferences(5) man page.  I haven't actually tested this yet...

So now I have, and the following /etc/apt/preferences seems to do The
Right Thing(TM):

Package: *
Pin: release c=os
Pin-Priority: 992

Package: *
Pin: release c=stable
Pin-Priority: 991

> Oh, and if anyone wants to pull freshrpms stuff off our ftp site, use
> the following /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freshrpms.list:
>
> rpm http://ftp.kspei.com/pub/freshrpms/ayo fedora/linux/1/i386 freshrpms

You'll also need to do the following:

  cd /etc/apt/gpg
  wget -O - http://ftp.kspei.com/pub/freshrpms/RPM-GPG-KEY > freshrpms