apt setup

Questions for Steve...

1. Do you mirror the freshrpms site?

Since I was out of town when apt setup & config was discussed at SILUG
meetings...

I've downloaded and installed apt-0.5.15cnc2-1.fr.i386.rpm from
freshrpms.net, and I'm confused about what I see in
/usr/share/doc/apt-0.5.15cnc2/examples.

2. Would you mind posting an "Initial illustrative apt setup for the
compleat idiot (me)"?

You may recall the last time I installed apt, I didn't know how
dangerous it was to include a lot of sources, and ended up scrambling my
RH7.3 setup. This time I want to be very conservative and take no
chances. My first objective is to bring up xine under FC1, and it looks
like apt is the best way to achieve that.

--Doc