Re: TextMaker: Should we support FreeBSD at all?

>  I would say that TextMaker compares well with Abiword 2 and OpenOffice.

I would say it doesn't compare at all.

TextMaker is a closed-source, proprietary product. Financially supporting them
by purchasing their product does *nothing* to promote the use of Free Software -
BSD-style *or* GPL-style.

Send your money instead to the Abiword or OpenOffice group to further their
interest in implementing whatever perceived advantages you believe that this
commercial product has over Free Software alternatives.

Sorry if you feel this is a rant, I just listened to an RMS presentation over
the weekend. Not all of it made sense, but the above did. Crystal.

BTW, as usual, it was a ... um, different ... presentation. Some stuff is old
hat, some obvious, some not so obvious, some interesting, some brilliant, and
some just delusional. But that's par for the course with RMS... :=)

P.S. For those wanting to know about the "invariant sections", see next post.

Mike/