Re: RH questions

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:13:28 -0500, Jonathan
<j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 September 2003 10:17 pm, you wrote:
> > Contrary to popular belief, Debian does not at all NOT have a
> > history of being current. You can either be current, or you can be
> > stable. Debian gives you a choice.
>
>  Very true. Libranet 2.8.1 comes with Kde 3.1.3 and Gnome 2.2.2. Not
>  the
> latest releases but recent enough.
> http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=libran

Librenet isn't directly related to Debian, or the project itself.

It does utilize a lot of the Debian userland (like apt and much of the
Debian-specific tools,) but it has expanded on them in a different way,
and if I recall, has a lot of custom built packages that won't
necessairily work on a Debian system from the stable distribution.

I've never used Librenet though .. I probably should. ;)

--
Scott Christopher Linnenbringer		[sl@eskimo.com]
http://www.eskimo.com/~sl/info.txt 	[sl@moslug.org]

PGP signature