Sun question

Evening,

I just received a Sun Blade 150 at work.  I purchased both the Solaris 8
and 9 media kits.  The system came preconfigured with Solaris 8.  I have
very basic knowledge about Solaris 8 and have never used 9.  For those
of you Sun people out there which one should I install permanently?
(I'm leaning towards 9.)  I'm going to try to replace my W2k machine
with this new sun blade.  What are the pros and cons of having 8
installed as compared to 9?  I know with Solaris 9 I can install Gnome 2
which I will end up doing if I install Solaris 9.

Also, when I initially started up the Blade 150 it started up in config
wizard.  One of the questions it asked was whether or not you had a
proxy.  I put the proxy address of the proxy at my work and it doesn't
work.  How do I go about chaning this so that there is no proxy setting?

Thanks for your help
Jason
--
Jason Smith