Re: Remote access question

I asssume you have SSH running and no firewall (or port 22 opened
though the firewall).  A Windows user would probably feel most
comfortable with WinSCP (http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/).  If a shell
account is needed, PuTTY is a popular option
(http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/).

Of course, another assumption would be that you have an account for
your friend that has the proper rights so he/she can get to what they
need to get to and _not_ get to things they don't need to (even if
you trust him/her, a unknowledgable user with too many right could
accidently damage the file system).

=====
http://linux.usi.edu:8080/LUG  Web Log
http://linux.usi.edu/rat/  My Page