Re: Solaris Holy War (was emacs vs. vi holy war)

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 02:17:13PM -0600, James B Newby wrote:
> I hate solaris myself, but I've only used it superficially.  I hate it
> because of how nasty CDE is.  I'm interested in what other people hate
> Solaris for.

The command history is not easy to use.  The
version we just got is so guey it does not make
it easy to get to a terminal emulator.  You have to
include too many libraries in your make files.
The typeface is too small.  You have to hit your
backspace when you telnet/ssh on.

<http://cb0.cs.siu.edu>    <chester@langin.com>