Re: Solaris Holy War (was emacs vs. vi holy war)

I used to think Solaris was weird, but interesting.  Now I
kind of like it - but that may be because I replaced AIX
with it (Ouch!).  Of course, if it were not for SunFreeware
(GNU), I would have no use for it.

As far as emacs goes, I started off with emacs.  Cliff
Stoll spoke about it a lot in "Cuckoo's Egg", (excellent
book!).  I am so impressionable.  I only knew enough about
vi to to minimal editing.  Since I have taken time to learn
vi ('cause none of the Solaris or AIX boxes had emacs), I
have been very impressed!  It's so fast and powerful.  I
only use vi now (except when I'm using the Yahoo mail
editor).  :-)