Re: compact flash

>> I wanted to see if anyone has experience using a compact flash PCMCIA
>> adapter and flash card memory as system memory under Linux.

>It might be appropriate as a system *disk*, but not memory.  (As a
>matter of fact, it will just show up as another disk under Linux.)

>> I have the adapter and the card, seems that not only is EDO SODIMM Ram
>> a little hard to find but also a little expensive. Any thoughts

You know I should just read things first, you know before I ask stupid
questions. The PCMCIA HOW-TO says exactly that, It will be treated as an IDE
device, unless it's pure linear flash memory of which Compact Flash is not.
Oh well, at least I'll be able to look at my photos quickly and carry around
a few MP3's that I particularly like.