[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SILUG: HackSI - The first ever Southern Illinois Hackathon
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: SILUG: HackSI - The first ever Southern Illinois Hackathon
- From: Dav Glass <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:07:32 -0500
- DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=PMrmtc9kuoS5t4i6Cjqe9Ko8KCfiC1E2eMKwMi4hR44=; b=h3Zq4BfHtVoCz0+4zAKm2PZkBc6BZqoSloQJ639g0w8SP+jYh3vwsaU9HyBfqs/c8S ifp9Nrd6ETDxDbPpeizAbeG/LWtua3mpT6bFbXpScpntb+wkqcbcCKfDIVUesY7gVaCs g1BrnJO8fO8PQJbZpHT999Cj4ZBOlDvT9g7s3TooaYBGi6+jh1ZItymXNa3tbkk27lzY Dzd7Z3M/Gj0qxoe4sYG+oVE09ITCnYyInmWpf++GDgsfgXAGAO5GVkBtUPv2Fve0i9Av JxECz8V78M4r7Oo5jsanXFSeyer6m6jI4g0EoJh25CRWHy9nz+owqM1OHBupCMlziZev siVQ==
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Sender: email@example.com
Hey all --
I'd like to invite you all to a little free event that we are putting
on in Carbondale on November 2nd.
What is a Hackathon (http://hacksi.me/about):
A hackathon (also known as a hack day, hackfest or codefest) is an
event in which computer programmers and others involved in software
development, including graphic designers, interface designers and
project managers, collaborate intensively on software projects.
Occasionally, there is a hardware component as well. Hackathons
typically last between a day and a week in length. Some hackathons are
intended simply for educational or social purposes, although in many
cases the goal is to create usable software. Hackathons tend to have a
specific focus, which can include the programming language used, the
operating system, an application, an API, the subject and the
demographic group of the programmers. In other cases, there is no
restriction on the type of software being created.
More information can be found on our website: http://hacksi.me/
Hope to see you there!
+ Windows: n. - The most successful computer virus, ever. +
+ A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog
without bricks tied to its head +
+ A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer is to computing what a
McDonalds Certified Food Specialist is to fine cuisine +
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe silug-announce" in the body.