From: Steven Pritchard [mailto:steve@silug.org]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 12:06 PM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: Some strange behavior in Red Hat 7.0

Tighe said:
> I noticed this when moving pre-compiles from my 6.2 -> 7.0.  You are
> probably going to need to re-compile it, they changed gcc on you and
> sometimes I have noticed that ld doesn't work quite right.  You might want
> to grab the source and then recompile.

Before going to all that trouble, first just make sure you are running
the Red Hat 7 updates.  There have been quite a few.

You might also try ldd on the executable.  Maybe you have a missing
library.  Also, make sure the filesystem isn't mounted with "noexec"
or something.

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.